Jomolhari Loop is the shortest and most challenging and adventures trekking routes in Bhutan, as well as the most popular treks in Bhutan. With altitude differences of 2,500m and nearly 5,000m it offers a wide range of landscapes, fauna and flora. The highlight of this trek is the spectacular view of Mount Jomolhari from Jomolhari Basecamp (Jangothang). Trekkers who want to avoid high passes and high altitude can chose an easier version of the Jomolhari Loop by retracing their steps from Jangothang (see days 4-6), while still having the majestic impressions of Mount Jomolhari.
Jomolhari Loop Trekking also takes in a visit to the awe inspiring Taktsang Monastery (Tigers Nest) and to visit two other Dzongs in Paro on arrival.
- Day 01: Gunitsawa Village to Sharna Zampa (2,850 M/9,350ft), 40 mins,
- Day 02: Sharna Zampa to Thangthangkha (3,610 M/11,843ft), Distance 22 km, 7-8 hrs,
- Day 03: Thangthangkha to Jangothang (4,080 M/13,385ft), Distance 19 km, 5-6 hrs,
- Day 04: Jangothang Halt (4,080 M/13,385ft),
- Day 05: Jangothang to Soi Yaktsa (3,800 M/12,467ft), Distance 16 km, 6-7 hrs,
- Day 06: Soi Yaktsa to Thombu Shong (4,180 M/13,713ft), Distance 11 km, 4-5 hrs,
- Day 07: Thombu Shong to Gunitsawa Village (2,850 M/9,350ft), Distance 13 km, 4-5 hrs,
- Day 08: Final Departure.
- Airport-Hotel-Airport transfer,
- Bhutan accommodations,
- All land transports,
- Government license holder fluent English speaking trekking-tour guide,
- Necessary porters,
- All kinds of trekking-tour permits,
- Three meals a days: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner,
- Wages, food, accommodation, transportations, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs,
- Royalty to the government,
- Bhutan sales TAX & service charge on all rates,
- All program according to itineraries on full board,
- Rescue arrangements etc.
- Insurance for Travel/Accident/Medical/Emergency evacuation,
- Airport tax,
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected),
- All kind of alcoholic & soft drinks,
- Personal shopping and laundry, bar bills, trekking-tour equipments, battery recharge, extra porters etc.
- Cost raised by cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness which are not under our control,
- Any others expanses which are not mentioned in "Trip Includes" section etc.
- Day 01Gunitsawa Village to Sharna Zampa (2,850 M/9,350ft), 40 mins,
- Day 02Sharna Zampa to Thangthangkha (3,610 M/11,843ft), Distance 22 km, 7-8 hrs,
- Day 03Thangthangkha to Jangothang (4,080 M/13,385ft), Distance 19 km, 5-6 hrs,
- Day 04Jangothang Halt (4,080 M/13,385ft),The rest day in Jangothang provides plenty of possibilities for day hikes with great views of lakes and snow capped mountains such as Jomolhari and Jichu Drake. There are good chances to spot some blue sheep on the upper slopes of the valley. Jangothang is a perfect environment for your acclimati...
- Day 05Jangothang to Soi Yaktsa (3,800 M/12,467ft), Distance 16 km, 6-7 hrs,
- Day 06Soi Yaktsa to Thombu Shong (4,180 M/13,713ft), Distance 11 km, 4-5 hrs,
- Day 07Thombu Shong to Gunitsawa Village (2,850 M/9,350ft), Distance 13 km, 4-5 hrs,
- Day 08 Final Departure.
The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes etc.
Price subjected to change if there are more than two people in a group.
We have got other additional programs like: Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultra light, Sightseeing, Jungle safari etc. We can include you these programs on your recent trip on your request.
Necessary documents to book this trip (Passport’s Copy, Photographs, Insurance copy & Advance payment).