Jomolhari Trek is longer than the Jomolhari Loop - the most popular trekking routes in Bhutan. With altitude differences of 2,500m and nearly 5,000m it offers a wide range of landscapes, fauna and flora. The highlight of this trek is the spectacular view of Mount Jomolhari from Jomolhari Basecamp (Jangothang).
It takes you through unspoilt villages, in beautiful valleys which retain their ancient Tibetan Buddhist culture, and then climbs through ravishing virgin forest before emerging to high summer pastures at the foot of magnificent, sacred Jomolhari (or Chomolhari). The route then crosses two high passes, passing two lonely dzongs (forts) in wild desolate landscape, before dropping back to the gentler delights of the cultivated valleys. See virgin forest, soaring peaks, ancient dzongs (forts), yak on the high pastures and Lammergaiers soaring high above. Cross high passes, surrounded by splendid desolation.
Jomolhari Trek in Bhutan is a truly exploration journey for trekkers which also allows to visit typical remote of the eastern Himalayan range. After the trek your journet will continue again to visit cultural highlights in Thimpu before and end of the package.
- Day 01: Arrive in Bhutan,
- Day 02: Trek from Gunitsawa Village (2,805 M/9,202ft) to Sharna Zampa (2,850 M/12,631ft), 2-3 hrs,
- Day 03: Trek from Gunitsawa Village to Thangthangkha (3,610 M/11,843ft), Distance 22 km, 7-8 hrs,
- Day 04: Trek from Thangthangkha to Jangothang (4,080 M/13,385ft), Distance 19 km, 5-6 hrs,
- Day 05: Jangothang Halt,
- Day 06: Trek from Jangothang to Lingshi (3,800 M/12,467ft), Distance 16 km, 7-8 hrs,
- Day 07: Trek from Lingshi to Shodu (4,080 M/13,385ft), Distance 22 km, 8-9 hrs,
- Day 08: Trek from Shodu to Barshong (3,710 M/12,171ft), Distance 16 km, 5-6 hrs,
- Day 09: Trek from Barshong to Dolam Kencho (3,320 M/10,892ft), Distance 15 km, 4-5 hrs,
- Day 10: Trek from Dolam Kencho to Dodena (930 M/3,051ft), Distance 8 km, 3-4 hrs,
- Day 11: Trek finish at Jomolhari,
- Day 12: At Paro,
- Day 13: Onwards journey from Bhutan.
- Airport-Hotel-Airport transfer,
- Flight to and from Bhutan,
- Bhutan accommodations,
- All land transports,
- Government license holder fluent English speaking trekking-tour guide,
- Necessary porters,
- All kinds of trekking-tour permits,
- Three meals a days: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner,
- Wages, food, accommodation, transportations, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs,
- 35% royalty to the government,
- Bhutan sales TAX & service charge on all rates,
- All program according to itineraries on full board,
- Rescue arrangements etc.
- Insurance for Travel/Accident/Medical/Emergency evacuation,
- Airport tax,
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected),
- All kind of alcoholic & soft drinks,
- Personal shopping and laundry, bar bills, trekking-tour equipments, battery recharge, extra porters etc.
- Cost raised by cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness which are not under our control,
- Any others expanses which are not mentioned in "Trip Includes" section etc.
- Day 01 Arrive in Bhutan,
- Day 02Trek from Gunitsawa Village (2,805 M/9,202ft) to Sharna Zampa (2,850 M/12,631ft), 2-3 hrs,
- Day 03Trek from Gunitsawa Village to Thangthangkha (3,610 M/11,843ft), Distance 22 km, 7-8 hrs,
- Day 04Trek from Thangthangkha to Jangothang (4,080 M/13,385ft), Distance 19 km, 5-6 hrs,
- Day 05Jangothang Halt, The rest day in Jangothang provides plenty of possibilities for day hikes with great views of lakes and snow capped mountains such as Jomolhari and Jichu Drake. There are good chances to spot some blue sheep on the upper slopes of the valley. Jangothang is a perfect environment for your acclimation,
- Day 06Trek from Jangothang to Lingshi (3,800 M/12,467ft), Distance 16 km, 7-8 hrs,
- Day 07Trek from Lingshi to Shodu (4,080 M/13,385ft), Distance 22 km, 8-9 hrs,
- Day 08 Trek from Shodu to Barshong (3,710 M/12,171ft), Distance 16 km, 5-6 hrs,
- Day 09Trek from Barshong to Dolam Kencho (3,320 M/10,892ft), Distance 15 km, 4-5 hrs,
- Day 10Trek from Dolam Kencho to Dodena (930 M/3,051ft), Distance 8 km, 3-4 hrs,
- Day 11Trek finish at Jomolhari,
- Day 12At Paro,
- Day 13Onwards journey from Bhutan.
The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes etc.
Price subjected to change if there are more than two people in a group.
We have got other additional programs like: Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultra light, Sightseeing, Jungle safari etc. We can include you these programs on your recent trip on your request.
Necessary documents to book this trip (Passport’s Copy, Photographs, Insurance copy & Advance payment).