The Salt Trek is one of the best and famous treks in Bhutan. The“salt trek route” is derived from the purpose it served prior to the construction of the national highway from Trashigang to Samdrup Jongkhar. The people of the Eastern Dzongkhags used to make voyages via this route to take salt and silk from the border town of Samdrup Jongkhar. It is an eight day trek from the day of arrival. This 8 day trek will take you through pristine broadleaved and pine forests with spectacular views of villages and mountains amidst the clouds. Although this Nature-based trek route does not lead into really high altitudes, it is tough and involves long steep descents and ascents.
Be the first travelers to take this journey, as this is new trek route, although it was used before the construction of national high way.
- Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Guahat,
- Day 02: Drive from Guahati (India) to Samdrupjongkhar (Bhutan),
- Day 03: Trek from SamdrupJongkhar to Nelang (750 M/2,460ft),
- Day 04: Trek from Nelang to Radingphu (686 M/2,250ft),
- Day 05: Rangdingphu to Mongling (2,218 M/7,276ft),
- Day 06: Mongling to Demrizam (1,191 M/3,907ft),
- Day 07: Demri Zam to Denchung ((1,231 M/4,038ft),
- Day 08: Denchung to Cheya (1,442 M/4,730ft),
- Day 09: Cheya to Trashigang,
- Day 10: Final departure.
- All land transfer,
- Bhutan accommodations,
- All land transports,
- Government license holder fluent English speaking trekking-tour guide,
- Necessary porters,
- All kinds of trekking-tour permits,
- Three meals a days: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner,
- Wages, food, accommodation, transportations, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs,
- Royalty to the government,
- Bhutan sales TAX & service charge on all rates,
- All program according to itineraries on full board,
- Rescue arrangements etc.
- Insurance for Travel/Accident/Medical/Emergency evacuation,
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected),
- All kind of alcoholic & soft drinks,
- Personal shopping and laundry, bar bills, trekking-tour equipments, battery recharge, extra porters etc.
- Cost raised by cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness which are not under our control,
- Any others expanses which are not mentioned in "Trip Includes" section etc.
- Day 01Drive from Kathmandu to Guahat,
- Day 02 Drive from Guahati (India) to Samdrupjongkhar (Bhutan),
- Day 03Trek from SamdrupJongkhar to Nelang (750 M/2,460ft),
- Day 04Trek from Nelang to Radingphu (686 M/2,250ft),
- Day 05 Rangdingphu to Mongling (2,218 M/7,276ft),
- Day 06Mongling to Demrizam (1,191 M/3,907ft),
- Day 07Demri Zam to Denchung ((1,231 M/4,038ft),
- Day 08Denchung to Cheya (1,442 M/4,730ft),
- Day 09 Cheya to Trashigang,
- Day 10 Final departure.
|20 December, 2017
||29 December, 2017
|26 December, 2017
||04 January, 2018
|31 December, 2017
||09 January, 2018
The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes etc.
Price subjected to change if there are more than two people in a group.
We have got other additional programs like: Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultra light, Sightseeing, Jungle safari etc. We can include you these programs on your recent trip on your request.
Necessary documents to book this trip (Passport’s Copy, Photographs, Insurance copy & Advance payment).