Stok Kangri trek is more than just a trek. It is an adventure where you will be challenged physically, emotionally and psychologically. The summit day will give you jitters for months after the trek is over. The glacier which you would trek on the last day of Stok Kangri Trek will probably be one of the toughest physical challenges ever! The dark surroundings which can make you weak in knees will resurrect the worst demons in your mind. The lack of oxygen and unforgivable wind will make you curse the day you decided to trek Stok Kangri peak. But, when you reach the seemingly insurmountable peak, it will be worth. You will look at the valley below, the sky above and thank your stars. You will thank your destiny which brought you here, amidst purest of nature and blissful landscapes, providing you a memory to cherish for lifetime! So, what makes Stok kangri trek tough as compared to other treks in India? If you wade out the technical treks, which are obviously tough, Stok kangri might just be the toughest peak to climb in India. Here, I am highlighting 5 factors which made Stok Kangri Ttrek tough for me. You might discover more factors or would find some of these not too daunting. But, I surely had to overcome these factors to achieve a successful summit climb. This is an obvious one where you can totally enjoy th e best moments in the trip.
1) Accommodation during Trek: Camping (Day 3 to Day 7 Night) & Guest house in Leh (Day 1, Day 2 & Day 8 Night) on sharing basis.
2) Meals while on trek (Veg) from day 3rd lunch till day 8th lunch.
3) Equipment’s (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Crampon & Ice Axe if required).
4) First aid medical kits & Oxygen Cylinder.
5) Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
6)Transport as per Itinerary.
7) All fees and permits (for Indians).